Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Big dreams and my blogging identity crisis

What's up buttercup?
Today I am a guest writer on Lena B, Actually, so hop on over there and check out my post. You may learn something new about me you never knew and you also might get a little dose of inspiration to get through your Tuesday.

Identity crisis. That is what I am having right now about this little place in internet heaven. I love this blog so much. It has taken me to such wonderful places this past year. I have learned so much about myself, the world, the freaking internet, writing, html code ( who would have thought?!?!). I am so motivated with my writing right now that I have big dreams in my head and when I say big, I mean like crazy woman big. Like, "Who does she think she is, Oprah? She can't even punctuate correctly and only has 128 followers". They are crazy, but none the less they are there and if I don't do something about them, someone else will. So watch out Oprah…..

I started the blog last February as my first baby step in this whole writing dream. I didn't have a niche. I started many projects I thought I would love and ended up not following through with them. That was okay with me because, it was for me and I didn't have to answer to anyone else. It was a step in self discovery and finding my own outlet.

Ten months later, and many hours behind the keyboard under my belt, I have learned I love helping people, being funny and instilling hope in others. It has taken a lot of time/effort/patience/acceptance for me to get to a place where I love myself, my life and consequently my family and friends and I want to be able to share what I have learned and continue to learn with the world. I love writing about food, exercise, self-love, faith, mommy tales, natural living and humor but I am not ready to commit myself to one of these niches. The moment I try to commit myself is the moment my heart races, my palms start sweating and I get nervous because now there is an expectation (how in the heck did I manage to get married with these kinds of commitment problems?).

So, all of this to simply say that I am trying to wrap my head around how to brand myself and the things I love. How do I put a label on "me" in order to create the community I want here and to get my message across….Any other bloggers go through this? Any helpful advice?



Also, I have set up a monthly motivational newsletter. If you could use some more happies in your life, then this is for you! The sign up is on my sidebar and at the top of the page (click newsletter). I promise not to bombard you with crap, only useful, wellness inspired goodies you will find helpful. You can only get if you subscribe and  I promise not to disappoint! 




7 comments:

  1. I'm having an issue with going from blog to blog and reading and commenting and then I never end up with the return favor back to me. and not sure what's up. folks email responding thru comment instead of coming to my blog and comment there. its odd. i dont get it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think EVERY single blogger goes through this in one way or another... just keep writing lady because your blog is wonderful!! :) Happy Tuesday!
    :) Rebecca

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your honesty. We all experience this just wanting to reach people. Just continue being yourself and your community will grow.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think you just need to keep sharing whatever is on your heart!!!! We all write for different reasons and I think it's great that you have enjoyed it so far!!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this post, I had a similar blog identity crisis back in May and then a few weeks ago, but somehow I got through and never felt more inspired to keep going and make a difference. Reading your words felt so familiar and it reminds me how much we're touched by others. Definitely signing up for your newsletter and can't wait to see what big dreams you have in mind!

    love from Belgium,

    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this! Thank you for sharing :)

    xo & now following
    mariahlauren.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am with you on the identity. I love how effortlessly and beautifully you write. It is a true gift and you inspire me!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. I love getting feedback about my daily ramblings!

Blogger Tips and TricksLatest Tips And TricksBlogger Tricks