Monday, December 9, 2013

5 Things You Should Never Say To Your Best Friend.

You know what definitely sucks a fat one? Being sick. You know what is worse than being sick? Well a lot of things but in this case, having a baby and a toddler that are sick at the same time. I know there are people out there with bigger problems than a virus/ear infections but holy to the moly I need to have a pity party for a minute….

Thanks for listening….Back on the saddle and on with the post…

Five things you should never say to your best friend….

1. You look pretty good for having had two babies!

2. You look great in that picture except your teeth need whitening and your hair is flat.

3. You are pretty skinny compared to the rest of your family.

4.  People might like you better if your clothes were trendier (is that even a word?!)

5. You don't deserve the great things you are dreaming about.




We all know these things are in poor taste to say to a friend or loved one and are downright not true. They are negative, passive aggressive and toxic and hopefully when you read them you couldn't imagine ever saying them to anyone. Don't these things sound utterly ridiculous?

 Go back and read them again, but this time in reference to YOU. Have you thought one of these things about yourself lately? The chances are you have and if not one of these things specifically, something like it.

Why is it so normalized for us to think this way about ourselves?

Guess what? It's not okay to think this way. It is still toxic, passive aggressive and negative.

Pay attention to the things you think, my friends. What you think effects your feelings with effects your actions and the prosperity in your life.

How can you turn these statements around to make them positive??

1. I am looking good. My body is healthy and I love it for what it has been able to do and the gifts it has given me.

2. I have beautiful eyes in this picture and my choice of outfit was a great one!

3. I take care of myself by eating healthy and making exercise a priority. I feel great!

4. People like me for what is inside my heart. I am a kind and loving person.

5. I deserve to make my dreams a reality!


***Like what you read? Click here to sign up for my monthly newsletter to receive more positive, self-lovey-dovey inspiration straight to your inbox! I promise to not fill your inbox with crap, only once a month and it will definitely be worth it! ***





5 comments:

  1. LOVE this!! I actually wrote a bit about this myself today! Great minds think alike!
    dontstandonthatyoullbreakit.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love how you change those statements in truth!! So important! Hope you get to feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this as well and it is so right and so true. :D Very well said there. BRAVO.
    pinkowl07.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely true!
    My cousins told me I'm just a dreamer and always will be. I've come to realize she's right - I am a dreamer, always will be. On the contrary, I make my dreams become reality.

    I found you on the blog hop. Glad I did!
    <3 Harlynn
    www.mindyourmadness.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just love this! It's so crazy that we get so down on ourselves. Why not uplift ourselves a bit more?!?! I'm totally of saying ALL those negative things to myself!

    Thank you for this post Shannon!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. I love getting feedback about my daily ramblings!

Blogger Tips and TricksLatest Tips And TricksBlogger Tricks