Today's 'Write Yourself Happy' is one my my favorite ways to take control of my thoughts when they are spiraling down the pooper. It is easy to get stuck in a rut of negative thinking and not even realize it until your mood is crappy, your outlook is depressing and all hope has left your pretty little mind.
Staying positive really can be a fight sometimes. It is a continuous work in progress to believe the best and keep the glass half full, but it can be done if we retrain our brain.
One of the things that really works for me is using positive affirmations, bible verses, quotes that resonate with me. Here are some things I do with them…
1. Pick one that reflects what you are dealing with and write it over and over again. Think about it, say it out loud and most importantly, believe it.
2. Write it on your bathroom mirror with a dry erase marker (or eye/lip liner).
3. Find a picture on google images with the quote/verse and set it as your background on all of your electronics.
4. If you are artistic, paint it, draw it, doodle it.
5. There are plenty of Etsy shops that specialize in typography and will take custom orders for art work. Invest in yourself and your home and buys some inspirational art with your saying on it.
Do you have any other ideas?
Here are my 5 positive affirmations……drumroll please.
1. I am beautiful inside and out, my smile attracts love in all areas of my life.
2. Something great is going to happen today!
3. Mattnew 6:26 Look at the birds. They don't plant or harvest or store food in barns, for your heavenly Father feeds them. And aren't you far more valuable to him than they are?
4. "God often uses our deepest pain as the launching pad for our greatest calling."
5. I can choose peace over this.
Come on and link up your favorite quotes, affirmations and verses. Visit other blogs and read the comments. I can't wait to read everyone else's favorites!